Oct 14, 2011

New rules

Here I am, sitting inside of a noisy hallway. People all around me chattering frantically about the biology midterm we are all about to "fail". My thoughts are scrambled together in my head like a messy breakfast. I tried to study, but my heart's not really in it. I know an honest amount of biology. In fact, I dig it, so I'll be just fine. Instead, I'll write. Here, to be more specific.

I tried this once before, but what came out didn't really feel like me. I was forcing myself into a mold; a cage really. Where my thoughts couldn't flow freely and what should have been treated as a creative outlet became more like work. Stifling work. So this time around I'm changing the rules. No rules. Those are the new rules. I will write in broken fragments. I will swear when I see fit. I want this infinitesimally tiny space on the internet to be mine. Not a fake-me mine. I want it to drip what I am feeling; to reek of what I might be thinking. I want to take a step back and look at it and say, "Yep, that's me," and walk away from it not feeling like a total jerk. I am a convoluted girl sometimes. So that's what I'll work with if need be. Anyways, the chattering is starting to get to me. I'll wrap this up.

No rules. Those are the new rules. I will be as confusing, as imaginative, as lost, or as ugly as I want to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment