Oct 24, 2011

Strained

Today is going to be a rough day. I am going to do my best to trick myself into a false sense of comfort, clarity, and relaxation. The means to achieve this end still allude me. Earplugs? Candles? Hot tea? Those sound like they might all lead to an unwelcome nap.

My windows are sealed shut, and my blinds drawn. The knock, knock, knock of hammers, and steady rumble of  crunching jackhammers penetrates the walls. I have one midterm tomorrow. Two on Wednesday. Today is going to be a rough day. 

It's safe to say most of us dislike when it's beautiful outside and we must lock ourselves inside for the well being of our academic selves; staring willfully at large books with small text. Well. Today is extraordinarily glorious. Mid-seventies with a light wind and fluffy mashed potato clouds in the sky. Torture. I need a gray day. The heavy sky seems to say, "Nothing to see here, move along,". And I can. But I digress.

All I can do is attempt to elevate myself above all this melodrama, and focus on the tasks ahead. Whining feels good temporarily. But I think studying will feel better. Plus, it's good for my karma... 
Sources: thisiscolossal.com and bintphotobooks.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment