It's Halloween day. But I lack the spirit for costumes and scares. Outside the sun is shining too brightly for ghouls and skeletons. I'm in the mood to curl up with a book and read. After the scholastic marathon that was last week, I find myself gravitating towards these sorts of relaxing tasks.
My miniature dachshund is munching on a baby carrot stick. She's taking her time.
I feel myself at a loss of words. My head is filled with multicolored confetti; clusters of thoughts falling slowly to the ground. I want to gather all the the tiny pieces, and organize them by color and shape. Thoughts about our government, and the consequences of authority. Thoughts about religion, and how intertwined it has become in the outcome of the leaders of our government. Thoughts about spirituality, lifestyle, and the struggle of societal acceptance and success. I find myself holding those who live outside of the box in the highest regard. Those who have shifted their perspectives towards goals less materialistic and more soulful, yet simple.



No comments:
Post a Comment